Dacrydium x suprinii NIMSCH
- I General introduction to the field of research
- II Introduction [A] - The Genus of Dacrydium
- II Introduction [B] - The Species of Dacrydium araucarioides
- II Introduction [C] - The Species of Dacrydium guillauminii
- II Introduction [D] - Dacrydium x suprinii, a Natural Hybrid
- III Etymology
- IV Conservation status
- V Relationships
- VI Discussion
- VII Acknowledgements
- VIII Bibliography
- Alle Seiten
According to D.J. DE LAUBENFELS and C.J. QUINN there are only two species of Dacrydium within the area Plaine des Lacs, D. araucarioides and D. guillauminii, the latter additionally limited to a few sites there.
The two other Dacrydium species of New-Caledonia, Dacrydium balansae and Dacrydium lycopodioides, are only domiciled northwards at the “Rivière bleue” area.
|Imaginable is a hybrid of the genera Podocarpus and Dacrydium, because both belong to the Podocarpaceae, but that is foreclosed by local actualities of the situation.
Only in theory imaginable is a hybrid between Neocallitropsis (Cupressaceae) existing on-site and Dacrydium (Podocarpaceae).
Meanwhile this theoretical question has been claryfied by means of DNA analysis.